There is nothing more energizing and satisfying than biting into an oat-filled energy ball. When I don't have time to sit down for breakfast, or if I'm too busy to prepare a small meal, these energy balls are the perfect solution.When I first tried this recipe, I was amazed at how little work needed to be done for such a tasty result. It is relatively easy to make large batches and store them in the freezer to enjoy later. My kids love these sweet snacks and I can't stock enough of these in the freezer. These snacks are simple, high-energy snacks that are convenient for people constantly on the move.
- 1 cup oats
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup organic honey or agave syrup
- 1/2 cup peanut butter or almond butter
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 scoop vanilla whey protein
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- Nuts or dried berries (optional)
1. Stir together oats, coconut, protein, chocolate chips, and nuts or dried berries.
2. Mix in peanut butter/almond butter and honey/agave syrup with a spoon.
3. Let the mixture cool in the fridge for at least 30 minutes. This will help the energy balls keep their shape when forming spheres.
4. Use plastic gloves or saran wrap to shape the mixture. Store in fridge or freezer until you decide to eat them.
This recipe is extremely customizable to adjust to your tastes. The bowl on the left was with peanut butter and the one on the right was withalmond butter. I bring these snacks to work, in the car, and even in my gym bag. Anywhere it isn't convenient to eat a full meal, I have a container of these balls. It is a popular snack with my children and I find myself making a batch every few weeks.