Before you forget your multivitamins..
The supplement world is huge and huge can prove confusing at the best of times - This article answers your most common questions about multivitamins.
Should you take a multivitamin? | Why you need multivitamins | Why you need vitamins in your diet?
Vitamins and minerals are essential nutrients which perform hundreds of roles in the body. Although there is a fine line between getting enough and getting too much, eating a healthy balanced diet will always be the best way to get sufficient amounts of the vitamins and minerals you need. In today’s day and age, this is much easier said than done and so thankfully this is where a multivitamin like Platinum Naturals Activ-X comes to the rescue.
Every day, our bodies produce skin, muscle, and bone. It conjures up rich red blood cells that carry nutrients (and oxygen) to every cell in the body, all while sending nerve signals bouncing along thousands of miles of brain and body pathways. The body doesn't stop there, it also formulates chemical messages that shuttle to and from one organ to another, giving the body instructions that help sustain our life. In order for this massive process to work, your body requires at least 30 vitamins, minerals and dietary components that cannot be manufactured alone in sufficient amounts.
Although they are all considered micronutrients, vitamins and minerals are different in some basic ways. Vitamins are biological and can be broken down by heat, air, or acid. Minerals are non-biological and hold on to their chemical structure. Without getting into the intricate sciences behind this, it means that the minerals in soil and water easily find their way into our bodies through the plants, fish, animals, and fluids we consume. However, it’s harder to transfer vitamins from food and other sources into the body because cooking, storage, and simple exposures to air can inactivate these more fragile compounds.
If you are unable to take in sufficient amounts of vitamins and minerals, this can almost definitely guarantee disease. Here are some examples of harm which can result from vitamin deficiencies: *(taken from Harvard Health’s “Making Sense of Vitamins & Minerals”)
- Scurvy. Old-time sailors learned that living for months without fresh fruits or vegetables—the main sources of vitamin C—causes the bleeding gums and listlessness of scurvy.
- Blindness. In some developing countries, people still become blind from vitamin A deficiency.
- Rickets. A deficiency in vitamin D can cause rickets, a condition marked by soft, weak bones that can lead to skeletal deformities such as bowed legs. Partly to combat rickets, the U.S. has fortified milk with vitamin D since the 1930s.
- Strong bones. A combination of calcium, vitamin D, vitamin K, magnesium, and phosphorus protects your bones against fractures.
- Prevents birth defects. Taking folic acid supplements early in pregnancy helps prevent brain and spinal birth defects in offspring.
- Healthy teeth. The mineral fluoride not only helps bone formation but also keeps dental cavities from starting or worsening.
With the plethora of multivitamins on the market today, it can be difficult to choose one that works well for your bodies unique needs. Platinum Naturals Activ-X is an award winning supplement designed for the unique needs of men and women. Activ-x is a multivitamin formula containing various vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, omega oils and adaptogens - each combined to enhance the power of the other.
Primrose oil and Borage oil | What is Rhodiola Rosea used for?
Women's activ-x formula contain the following, unique to a woman's needs:
- American ginseng - which may help improve mental and physical performance
- Primrose and borage oil - which attempts to treat various women's health issues
- Ferrochel chelated amino acid - which attempts to minimize iron deficiency without constipation
Men's activ-x formula contain the following, unique to a woman's needs:
- Korean ginseng may increase athletic performance and endurance
- Saw palmetto and pumpkin seed oil for overall men's health
Both mens and womens formulations contain the following for improved performance:
Ginseng and cordyceps - Tired of being tired all the time?
Two traditional Chinese medicine ingredients, The potent medicinal mushroom called cordyceps and ginseng root have been found to work at the cellular level to boost your body’s own natural energy source called ATP. In summary, ginseng and cordyceps are also:
- Said to improve cardiovascular activity
- Said to boost oxygen uptake
What is Rhodiola Rosea used for?
The rhodiola rosea in activ-x is used for increasing energy, stamina, strength and mental capacity; and as a so-called “adaptogen” to help the body adapt to and resist physical, chemical, and environmental stress.
- Said to reduce stress and fatigue
- Said to increase physical work capacity
- Said to help shorten recovery time
- Said to increase vitality
Rhodiola rosea, also known as “golden root”, is an adaptogen herb with outstanding fat-burning, energy-enhancing and brain-boosting power. It is one of the most effective adaptogen herbs, due to it containing active compounds like rosoavin that is said to have the ability to help balance stress hormones including, cortisol. Rhodiola rosea has been a part of traditional herbal medicine practiced across the globe for many centuries. Historically, Rhodiola has a long history of use in Traditional Chinese Medicine, especially for improving stamina and reducing stress. The Vikings are said to have also used it to enhance physical strength, while the Sherpa people used it to climb at high altitudes, including up Mt. Everest.
Now, you may not be preparing for a trek up Mt. Everest, but you may be interested in reducing fatigue or increasing your daily performance. If so, you may find our current Platinum Naturals promotion useful. We also have a great infographic located here, which helps explain the best times to take supplements.
Great multi vitamin Review by Stefanie
I have been using this multi for over 4 years. It is the best one I have ever used. It is a complete multi to compliment my daily regimen.
GOOD PRODUCT! Review by G
I've used the "MEN" version of this product & it has alot of great ingredients that you would not normally find in a multi. Platinum are also better absorbed than other brands. It does give great energy & is a very well respected brand (what i've been told in health food stores & reviews online)!