I’m just going to come out and say it – the secret to weight loss is water. And no – there are no tricks or hidden meanings in this secret. We all know we need to drink water, but often don’t understand the specifics of why. And though we all know we should drink water, it’s overwhelming at how many people are living a dehydrated life. You need to form a habit to drink more water. Accordingly, not paying attention to how much water you drink daily could be jeopardizing your chance at weight loss.
My Advice to Clients
This is what I tell every client: water has no fat, no calories, no carbs, and no sugars. Coffee dehydrates the body. Juice and sodas need to be reserved for special occasions. For daily hydration, you must drink water.
Why Drink Water?
What water does for your body is amazing. Some of the marvels of it include that:
- 75% of the human body is made up of water
- It Is in constant need of being replenished
- Water is essential to all of the body’s daily functions – providing energy, regulating body temperature, supporting metabolism, digestive support, waste elimination, and cellular functions
- It keeps the brain functioning and memory sharp
- Water helps stabilize mood
- It lubricates joints
Being even 1-2% dehydrated can jeopardize all of the above systems, and prevent your body from functioning at its peak.
Tips for Helping You Remember to Hydrate
- Carry a water bottle everywhere you go. Keep one at work, in your car, and always one with you at home.
- Set a reminder in your phone or calendar to drink water!
- Drink one glass of water before a workout. Sip on water during your workout. Drink one-two glasses after a workout.
Kick Start Your Weight Loss Now
Plain-jane water is one of the best tools I can offer you in your venture to lose weight. All my clients know this and drink at minimum, two liters of water a day. It truly is a Hollywood weight loss weapon, which is why I emphasize the importance of water in all of my 321 Training Method workouts.